Pilates Workouts improves your core strength and overall well being. This workout is quite similar to Yoga and it improves your posture, balance and flexibility. The best thing about this workout is that there are very low chances of getting injured.
These workouts focus on body and mind connection. The main motive of these workouts is that your mind should become aware of your breathing and the way you move your body.
Muscles Targeted by Pilates Workout:
Well, overall all the muscles of the body are targeted by these workouts. If you are looking for getting rid of your body fat then this is not a good option. Pilates will help you to tone certain parts of your body. But if you combine it with a proper diet and some aerobic exercises then you can shed quite a lot of that stubborn fat.
Always remember that Pilates is not an aerobic exercise. Well, most people think that it is an aerobic exercise. Workouts like cycling, swimming, walking and running are defined as aerobic exercises.
Here are a few Pilates workout that you can perform at your home. If you are worried about equipment’s then all you need is a yoga mat and that would be all. This is all the equipment that a beginner needs.
- Pilates Curl
- The Hundred
- Roll Up
- Rolling Like a Ball
- Single Leg Stretch
- Double Leg Stretch
- Single Straight Leg Stretch
- Double Straight Leg
- Teaser II
- Pilates Plank to Push Up
- Shoulder Bridge
- Double Leg Kick
So, these are all the Pilates workout that you should be doing. But there are certain conditions that one needs to meet for performing Pilates. You should not practice Pilates if you have the following situations.
- Blood Clot Risk
- Unstable Blood Pressure
- Herniated Disk
- Acute Osteoporosis.
Benefits of Pilates:
Pilates comes with quite a lot of benefits. Some of these are:
- Flexibility is one the main benefits of Pilates. Pilates is close to Yoga and like Yoga it also makes your body a lot flexible.
- It lets you get a good posture.
- It reduces lower bac pain.
- Most of our muscles don’t get worked on a daily basis but Pilates provides you with the opportunity to gain toned muscles.
- If this is combined with aerobic exercises then you can develop flat stomach muscles.
- Just like Pilates improves your body and mind connection, In the same way it also improves your balance.
We hope that these would be of help to you