The following proverbs/quotes are meant to force the mind to think. These thoughts are based on many aspects and are taken from various sources. I hope you like them. -webmaster
1. It's easy to recognize a modern painting. It's the one you can't recognize.
2. Antiques are things that one generation buys, the next generation gets rid of, and the following generation buys again.
3. Air-conditioning is most useful during months that have no 'R' in them
4. A budget is usually made up of a little money and a lot of estimates.
5. Where do you complain about the complaint department?
6. The secret of a secret is to know when and how to tell it
7. A good listener is the best talker.
8. Better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
9. The best way to get into trouble is to be right at the wrong time.
10. People go on a vacation to forget things and when they open their suitcases , they find out they did.
11. Expect the best and be prepared for the worst and you will never be disappointed.
12. Always expect the unexpected. That way nothing will take you by a surprise.
13. The past is a cancelled cheque; the future is a promissary note, the present is the one cash in hand, use it wisely and well.
14. Worrying is like a rocking chair. Though it keeps you occupied, it leads you nowhere!
15. He who is afraid to ask will learn nothing.
16. Every fall is but a rise. To know this, is to be truly wise.
17. A person should be recognized by the way he treats his inferiors and not by the way he treats his equals.
18. If you let a man make you angry, you only permit him to control you! Always be in the driver's seat.
19. If everyone around you are mad and you are the only sane person around, then the mad people will think you are mad. Never let what others say affect you.
20. Be a Roman in Rome.
21. We are not sure whether age comes with experience or experience with age.
22. In youth we run into difficulties; in old age difficulties run into us.
23. When a man retires and time is no longer a matter of urgent importance, his colleagues generally present him with a watch.
24. "I must say without boasting" is always the beggining of a boastful remark.
25. They say a musquito can fly ten miles. But it isn't the distance he flies that bothers us. It's what he does when he stops.
26. Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
27. We might all be successful if we followed the advice we give other people.
28. Flattery is the best cure for a stiff neck, because it will turn most heads.
29. Everything seems to be evened up in life, the fellow with less hair to comb has more face to wash.
30. A traffic policeman is a person who is angry even when he wins the race with you.
31. Another great drawback to success is that by the time you are rich enough to sleep late, you are so old, you wake up early every morning.
32. Perhaps nobody becomes more competent in hitting a moving target, than a mother spoon-feeding a baby.
33. To win friends, you must act surprised when people tell you what you already know.
34. The old beleive everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything.
35. People generally quarrel because they cannot argue.
36. When a diplomat says yes he means perhaps; when he says perhaps he means no; when he says no, he is no diplomat.
37. A budget is a method of worrying before you spend instead of afterwards.
38. Recession is when a neighbour loses his job; depression is when you lose yours.
39. An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.
40. A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized.
41. The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
42. Our incomes are like our shoes; if too small, they gall and pinch us; but if too large, they cause us to stumble and trip.
43. All wish to possess knowledge, but few, comparitively speaking, are willing to pay the price.
44. A hearty laugh gives one a dry cleaning, while a good cry is a wet wash.
45. It is easy to learn something about everything, but difficult to learn everything about anything.
46. One of the worst things about life is NOT how nasty the nasty people are. You know that already. It is how nasty the nice people can be.
47. The best sort of revenge is not to be like him who did the injury.
48. Courage is more than being able or willing to fight.
49. There are two days about which nobody should worry about and that is yesterday and tomorrow.
50. At first we thought the world was flat. Next we decided it was round. Today we know it is crooked.
51. The bad thing about a popular song is that it makes a lot of people think they can sing.
52. BORE: A person who talks when you wish him to listen.
53. CYNIC: A person who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
54. EXPERT: A person who can take something you already know and make it sound confusing.
55. ZOO: A place devised for animals to study the habits of human beings.
56. LAUGH: A smile that burst.
57. TACTFUL PERSON: One who comes to your house and makes you feel at home.
58. DIPLOMACY: Thinking twice before saying anything.
59. BUSINESS ECONOMY: A reduction in the other fellow's salary.
60. BORE (2): Here today and here tomorrow.
61. PONDER: To arrive at a stupid conclusion slowly.
62. PHILOSOPHY: Unintellegible answers for insoluble problems.
63. HOME: Where you are treated best and grumble most.
64. RICH PERSON: One who is never afraid to ask a shop keeper to show him something cheaper.
65. LUXURY: Something you don't need and can't do without.
66. TEENEGERS ARE PEOPLE WHO...
...are always ready to give adults the full benefit of their inexperience.
...are always ready to go buy.
...are afraid of nothing except a stack of dirty dishes.
...are growing to be the kind of people whom their mother didn't want them to become.
...are very much alike in many disrespects.
...complain that there's nothing to do and then stay out all night enjoying their lives.
...express a burning desire to be different by dressing exactly alike.
...really like homework.They can sit and look at it for hours.
...regard home as a drive-in where dad pays for the hamburger.
...think a well balanced diet means a hamburger in each hand.
...think curbing their emotions means parking by the roadside.